Are you ready for Los Alamos’s biggest event of the year? PEEC is thrilled to be a part of Los Alamos ScienceFest again in 2019. We’ll have a variety of science-themed programs happening at the Los Alamos Nature Center every day from Wednesday, July 10 until Saturday, July 13 to celebrate.
Check out what we have planned for the week:
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 10 at 6:30 PM – Summer Family Evening: Water Works with Explora
- Join the Explora Science Center to enjoy hands-on activities all about water! Race water droplets, create a boat out of foil and test its strength, create a system to filter water, and more. This event is sponsored by Del Norte Credit Union. It is free for PEEC family members and $5 per family for non-members. Admission is paid at the door.
- THURSDAY, JULY 11 at 6 PM – Suds & Shows: 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Watch 2001: A Space Odyssey in the planetarium and enjoy beer and wine from Pajarito Brewpub. The doors will open and drinks will be available at 6 PM from the cash bar. Bring a picnic dinner to enjoy outside before the movie, which will begin at 7 PM. Call the nature center at 505-662-0460 or stop by to reserve your tickets! Admission is $5 per ticket.
- FRIDAY, JULY 12 at 8:30 AM – Gentle Walk: ScienceFest Edition
- Join us for a ScienceFest edition of our weekly Gentle Walk program. Meet at the nature center at 8:30 AM to carpool to the trailhead. Our Gentle Walks are focused on the discoveries made, not the mileage gained. Maybe you’ll have your own Eureka moment while enjoying nature! Admission is free and registration is requested. Join our Gentle Walks mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SATURDAY, JULY 13 from 10 AM to 3 PM – Electric Vehicle Show
- Explore a wide array of electric-powered vehicles along Central Avenue during Discovery Day at Ashley Pond! Speak with owners, sign up for a test drive, and more. This event is made possible by the Los Alamos Department of Public Utilities.
- SATURDAY, JULY 13 from 2 to 4 PM – PBS Science Café: What’s the Universe Made Of?
- Come to the July New Mexico PBS Science Café and watch a segment of NOVA Wonders: What’s the Universe Made Of? Join a discussion with a panel of experts who will discuss recent discoveries and how they hope to push our understanding of the universe even further. Admission is free. Reserve your tickets here.
We hope to see you at the nature center for some of the activities we have planned for ScienceFest! There’s much more going on around town, so be sure to check out the many opportunities to celebrate science throughout the week.