This page describes how we feed the birds at the Nature Center. Birds are fed by a dedicated crew of volunteers, and these pages are intended to help new volunteers know what to do and when things need to be done.
Many topics covering the bird feeding activities are listed below. Follow the links as needed to get detailed information on that topic.
- Sign up as a volunteer with PEEC’s Visitor Services Manager
- Log into the PEEC website to sign up for days to volunteer using the bird-feeding volunteer calendar
- Bird feeding supplies are kept in the shed
- Where the feeding stations are in the wildlife area
- Feeders in the front of the building
- Feeding thistle seed
- Feeding mixed seed
- Feeding suet
- Feeding peanuts
- Feeding hummingbirds
- Bringing feeders in at the end of the day
Ryan Ramaker, PEEC’s Visitor Services Manager, and Bob Walker generally oversee the bird feeding activities. Here is the contact information for them: